New priorities on Jira 6.4

Alejandro Zucca August 20, 2015

If I upgrade my existing installation to 6.4, the new priorities will not become available. Did I understand this correctly?

Thanks,

Alejandro Zucca

QA Analyst

1 answer

0 votes
Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2015

Yes you areright. If you are upgrading then the new priority names will not be available. But you can always go and edit the priority names.

Here's the link which confirms this

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/jira-releases/production-releases/jira-6-4-release-notes

JIRA 6.4 ships with a new set of priorities, and a new resolution. The old default priorities of Blocker, Critical, Major, Minor and Trivial will be replaced with Highest, High, Medium, Low and Lowest. If you are upgrading an installation of JIRA, or importing existing data, JIRA will respect your original priorities and they will continue to be available instead of the new priorities. The new priorities will only become available and therefore the default in new installations.

Pilar

Suggest an answer