New pages - position in the menu

Ivana Navratilova November 15, 2017

I have a question about menus in the new pages. When I have two almost identical pages, lets say Page 1 and Page 2

page1.vm:

Page 1

<form action="secure/admin/Action2.jspa" method="post" class="aui">
<!--some form fields-->

<button class="aui-button aui-button-primary">Goto Page2</button>
</form>
page2.vm:

page 2

Now I am trying to create configuration pages for a plugin. So I have placed a new item into the menu and that item links to /secure/admin/Action1.jspa, which displays page1. From page1, I submit a form with /secure/admin/Action2.jspa and display page2.

The question is, even though there is no content like

<meta content="admin" name="decorator" />

on either of the pages, they each display in a different way. Page 1 is displayed in the Addons menu with the sidebar and the plugin administration link highlighted.

ScreenHunter_4.jpg

But, when I go to page2 from this page, the sidebar menu disappears.ScreenHunter_6.jpg

How do I get the sidebar back on page2?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2017

Hello, 

You should add <meta content="admin" name="decorator" /> to both pages

Ivana Navratilova November 20, 2017

But that doesnt really help, I have other pages, where I have this line, and the sidebar still doesnt show up. Shouldnt there be a way to specify "I am currently located in the Addons menu and XXX submenu" and JIRA would automatically add the menu there?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2017

Could you add 

<meta name="admin.active.section" content="admin_plugins_menu/<yoursectionkey>/<yourwebitemkey>"/>

below the <meta content="admin" name="decorator" /> line.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2017

And it must be

<meta name="decorator" content="atl.admin">

not  <meta content="admin" name="decorator" />

Ivana Navratilova November 22, 2017

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. Is there some list of the existing locations? I have looked at this https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/jira-architecture/web-fragments/administration-area-locations but it seems very outdated, as the structure of the admin menu is completely different now from the screenshots.

For example, if I wanted to have Issues - Custom Fields menu position?

I have tried this

<meta name="admin.active.section" content="admin_issues_menu/custom_fields/"/>

which gives me the Issues menu correctly, but I do not know the key for the Custom Fields link.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2017

I look at all available contexts in Adaptivist Scriptrunner. There is the fragment locator functionality which shows you all available contexts. You can read more here

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.0.2/jira/CustomisingUI.html#_usage

Suggest an answer