New jira user recieves emails about created issues which shouldn't receive, how to stop that?

Yuliana Ryzhikova January 12, 2022

Hello, I've added a new user for our Jira and he gets notification abou every issue created.

Notification scheme is okay, users groups also looks okay, notification helper shows that this user shouldn't receive notifications.

Cols you help me with that?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Hi @Yuliana Ryzhikova Welcome to Atlassian Community!

1. It seems that other user in JIRA create a filter subscription and shared subscription with jira-users , this is one of the reason of getting notification email. 

2. Is users getting notification mail for every jira projects or getting notification for a single project in which user added Roles ?

3. Check  default notification scheme ,is  jira-users group added for Issue Created event ?

Thanks

V.Y

Yuliana Ryzhikova January 12, 2022

2.Only one user gets those e-mails and for all projects

3. Default notification scheme is okay, there is a Create issue event, but its only for warchers, reporter and assignie

This problem has only one user which I added recently, other uses recieve what they have to

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

@Yuliana Ryzhikova  I suggest you to delete and recreate user , if possible. 

Check, user is added to only jira-users group. 

Thanks

Yuliana Ryzhikova January 13, 2022

Thank you :)

Suggest an answer