New issues; Resolution automattically on "Fixed"

Willem de Boer July 19, 2015

Since a week, when  i create a new issue, the resolution is sometimes automattically filled with "Fixed" instead of "Unresolved" . 

image2015-7-20 11:28:36.png

image2015-7-20 13:25:50.png

image2015-7-20 13:28:6.png

2 answers

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2015

What about your workflow? Did you check if there are any transitions there pointing toward the wrong resolution?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2015

My best guess is that someone put the "resolution" field on the create screen for the issues.

You need to remove it as fast as possible, because when you have the field on create (or edit) it will be filled in and close your issues, regardless of the status.

(And have words with the admin that did it - they really should know better, although this is one of the quirks of JIRA that trips up new admins)

Willem de Boer July 20, 2015

Hi Nic, 

Thanks for your fast reply.

Further investigations, looks like a bug. If i create a new ticket, status is "fixed". If i edit the ticket, the resolution says "unresolved". If i add a comment, the ticketstatus is "unresolved" as it should be.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2015

This does not look like a bug, it looks like someone put the resolution field on the create screen. You must not do that. Remove it, and you'll find everything works fine.

Willem de Boer July 20, 2015

No, there is no resolution field in the create screen

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2015

Ok, so - are you looking at the screen definition in admin, or just the screen after you click "create"? If it's the second, then check the visible fields to the top right and see if resolution is hidden - if it's not on the screen definition, then -- someone has added a "set resolution" post-function to your workflow, and you need to remove it -- someone has flagged the target status as "done" in an Agile workflow and you need to change the transition there to not do that

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2015

I agree with Nic, Something is going on related to the resolution field. You're saying when created it is set to Fixed and then if you edit it the resolution returns to the RED unresolved? If so something is clearing the resolution field and that can't be done on the edit screen so like Nic said it is happening in a post function or listener.

Caroline Adams July 20, 2015

Resolution is on your Create Screen - you just have it unselected on the "Configure Fields" dropdown.

Suggest an answer