New issue view - will it be mandatory at some point?

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2019

I received notification from Atlassian that the New Issue View is completing its rollout soon. What's not clear, and I haven't been able to find an answer, is whether the old view will remain an option indefinitely or will be eliminated. Personally I'm good with the new view, but I have some users who might not be receptive to change. The more time we have to change the mindset while having a target date (if applicable) the better.

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2019

I don’t know if there is a definitive written answer out there or not but IMO most certainly the old issue view will disappear once all ‘blocking’ issues are resolved. Of course ‘blocking’ is subjective. Trying to maintain two issue views would not be maintainable. If I were a betting man I would put money on <6mos time. We can come back here in May and grade me. ;-)

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2019

I may have to temporarily turn off the introvert in me and hit up all the Jira folks from Atlassian at Summit for an answer lol.

0 votes
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2019

Suggest an answer