New install - Switch from Internal User Directory, to added MS Active Directory user directory

Deleted user August 13, 2014

Hi Everyone,

So I have a fresh install of JIRA. I am using 6.1.5 right now (mirroring our Production version so we can do some testing.)

During the setup wizard, it asks you to enter a user to be the first admin of the system. I entered that user information, set the password ect. I have been using this user to set up the system such as Outgoing Mail Server and now adding this MS AD user directory to the mix so I can get my Developers into the system to start testing.

However, after successfully adding this user directory, I am unable to make this the "active" user directory by moving the directory above the JIRA internal directory. The system explains that I am unable to do so because I am currently logged into JIRA through this internal directory. This makes sense, however, this is the only local user I have created. JIRA tells me to "log in as a locally authenticating user to edit it." But this is where I am stumped. I am logged in as a locally authenticating user.

How can I get this to work so I can just simply switch to using the MS AD user directory that I have just configured?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

Hi, I believe this is happening because there should have an user in your LDAP directory with the same name as your internal administrator. JIRA does this to prevent that you lose access to application.

One thing you could do is create another internal administrator using a diffente name unique in your system. Another alternative is modify the directory order directly in the database, it can be done updating the table cwd_directory, the column directory_position define the order of the directories where 0 is the top position.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Deleted user August 14, 2014

Hi Tiago,

Thank you for the reply. This makes a lot of sense, creating a unique local admin did the trick. I can't believe that didn't cross my mind. :]

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events