New help area in cloud versions

Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2015

Hi there,

what Plugin or Configuration makes that new area in the help-icon in Jira and Confluence?
Seems that this is only available in current Cloud-Versions.

There were several News or Events posted. I want to configure that with own Notifications/News/Events in our systems. (Server-Instance)

image2015-4-20 13:29:2.png

Kind regards

André

3 answers

0 votes
Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2015

This Plugins just makes a html-banner in the top of Confluence. I can make exactly the same with the custom-html configuration in Confluence.

0 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2015

You may want something like the Public Announcement Service: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.pas

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2015

Hi Andre,

In Confluence this is a bit different. When you perform a app link between both Confluence and JIRA, you'll have in your top left bar an icon that will provide the URL for both Confluence and JIRA websites.

Regarding notifications, you can configure them to appear in the top right bar. Check this documentation for details.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 20, 2015

Hi Rodrigo, thats not what i meant. I know the app-links with the app-navigator or the workbox, where notifacations from every linked tool pop up. But this new area has nothing todo with the app-link. In the marked area on my screenshot for example, there are links to blogs.atlassian.com, atlassian.com and hipchat.com. Sometimes with more text, sometimes just a link. Those infos changes from time to time, thats why i thought this is configurable. On my own Cloudinstance for AUG-Leaders, there are several (for me unknown) plugins like: * Atlassian Communications Engine * atlassian-nps-plugin * Confluence Super Touchpoint Plugin * Experiments Plugin The touchpoint plugin has the description: This plugin replaces the help menu in the header with the Super Touchpoint. That seems to do the stuff... But I can't find any information about that...

Chris Coggburn September 2, 2015

I would love to have more details on some of the plugins as well, I can't seem to find any details on what some of them do.

Suggest an answer