New field Sprint when creating issues

Operations Superviso Jira 2 March 23, 2014

Hi,

A new field has appeared when creating issues, its name is Sprint. I would like to know why it has appeared, what is it for, and how can I remove it.

Thanks

5 answers

0 votes
David Skreiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2014

I'm having a similar problem: We updated Jira (6.3.2), and Greenhopper (6.2.4.1 to Jira Agile 6.3.12)

As a result, all screens (in non-agile projects) now contain Sprint and Epic Name fields.

Does updating Jira mean you have to manually repair dozens of screens?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2014

If you haven't installed Agile, then an administrator has probably added the field for some reason.

Talk to your other administrators first, to make sure you aren't going to break something they are working on.

Then, you need to think about how best to remove it from your projects - screens, field configurations or context.

Hi,

I am the only administrator and I didn't add this field. I just need to know why it has appeared in all projects and how to remove it.

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2014

I'm afraid that that's a bit of a self-contradiction

Fields will only "appear" if an administrator does something to add them. They can do it with plugins (you've seen Agile mentioned a few times already, but there may be others that add "sprint"), they can add fields, and they can uncover fields that were there before.

But it is something you have done to add it. The field will not just appear, it was enabled in some way by you.

I didn't know what Agile was and we haven't it hired. I have found an Add-on with that name and I have disable it as we didn't ask to have it.

Thanks for your help

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2014

Ah, good, you found what had been added. As you're OnDemand, you might want to check through everyone who has access to the OnDemand account (not just your Jira admins) as it was probably one them who enabled the add-on

0 votes

Hi,

We use Jira OnDemand and we didn't install Agile. I don't know what this field is for and I would like it to not be visible when creating new issues. Could somebody help me?

Thanks

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2014

Just to add to Ricardo, has a new field by the name of "Story points" also appeared, as sprint and story points are custom fields part of JIRA Agile (formerly greenhopper)

0 votes
RicardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2014

Hi Marian

Probably you installed JIRA Agile, it comes with this plugin bundled. You can't remove it because it is used by JIRA Agile.

Hope it helps,

Ricardo Carracedo.

Suggest an answer