It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

New comments on issues assigned to inactive users goes to black hole

We have a few Jira users that left the company and their accounts have been deactivated. However, they still have issues assigned to their deactivated accounts and new comments are still being made to those issues. Most of these issues have already been closed or resolved. When a new comment is made, the issue is NOT being reopened automatically and nobody is getting an email notification of the new comment.

Is there a way to automatically reopen closed tickets that are assigned to deactivated users and get email notification sent to somebody else that still has an active Jira account?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven_Behnke Community Leader Jan 06, 2020

Personally I handled this with a custom event listener. Are you looking for options including custom development, scripting via scriptrunner, or are you looking for a pure out-of-the-box solution?

Ideally an out-of-the-box solution would be ideal. If that's not available, how difficult is it to setup a custom event listener? How is that done? Anything that works and doesn't involved putting in huge sums money to do.

0 votes
Answer accepted

I found a simpler solution. just do a search for all the tickets assigned to the inactive user.

then use bulk edit to add myself to watchlist of all of their tickets.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you