New added story status gets ignored in the sprint

Bastien Collet October 28, 2016

Hey,

I have added a new status "in review" to my very basic workflow.

My workflow is based on an existing template and has only "TODO" "In progress" "Done".

I added a new status following these steps :

1. Log in as a user with JIRA Administrators permission.
  2. Go to Statuses page by choosing Cog Icon  > Issues > Find Statuses under Issue Attributes category at the left.
  3. Click at Add Status then specify the name, description and the category for the status you want to add.
  4. Go to Workflows page : Cog Icon > Issues > Find Workflows under Workflows category at the left.
  5. Click at the Edit link at the workflow that you would like to add the status in.
  6. Click at Add Status the pre defined Statuses will be listed out. Select Revising and Add
  7. Publishing the workflow

I can choose the new status now in my workflow. However, when I do set a story with this status, it doesn't appear anymore in the sprint despite still having the sprint link set. (so If I go to my board, it doesn't appear in the sprint or even backlog anymore and the burndown chart shows a drop, as if the issue was removed).

Anything I've missed here ?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sergey Temchenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2016

Did you set up columns in Board configuration? You should map new status to existed or new one column to make it visible.

0 votes
Bastien Collet October 28, 2016

I mean, the new status is visible, it just seems to have the same effect as setting an issue to done from a story point, point of view.

Edit: My bad you seem right, I haven't set it in the board config, I am looking into that.

Sergey Temchenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2016

Could you please attach screenshot to show what the problem is?

Suggest an answer