New Window with own web items

Scheibli Márk July 26, 2017

Hello!

I want to create a new window in Jira like the Linking window:

image.png

I want totally the same just with my custom items. Is that even possible that if i push a menu function like this:

image.png

then will appear another window?

Pls guide me if its possible!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2017

You will need to create an add-on that implements your new screen and hooks it into the menus with a "web fragment".

And can i put a button on that new screen? Or its not possible in jira?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2017

As your code will be building the screen, you can put what you need on it.

Okay, thanks for the information. My last question is that you have some guide or tutorial that can help me?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2017

Start with the development guides over at https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev

The tutorials are not really up to date enough for my liking, but the principles in them are worth looking through.

Okay. Just one more question. I got the source code a few minutes ago, and i want to check the web items and screens, like Link screen. Can you help me where can i find those classes which build these items up?

Suggest an answer