New View - Clicking on Thumbnail leads to editing the ticket. Should not be the case

Naga Rajan September 5, 2019

In the old JIRA view, when a thumbnail is embedded into the body of a JIRA ticket, when users (including those who can edit the ticket) click on the thumbnail, it displays the full image associated with the thumbnail (which makes perfect sense). One has to click elsewhere in the body to EDIT the ticket.

Whereas, in the new JIRA view, upon clicking the thumbnail brings up the EDITING mode of the ticket and NOT the full image of the picture embedded.  This does not make sense and in fact leads to issues (potential unwanted edits) and delays (have to go through the attachments, match the image, click the image and remember to come back to the same location in the body of the ticket.  I think we are going backwards with this.  This needs to be fixed with high priority. 

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2019

Hi Naga,

Thank you for the details.
I tried to replicate the issue on my test instance on different projects (next-gen and classic), but when clicking on the image, it expands normally.
For us to try to replicate here, please let me know the information below:
What browser are you using? Have you tested using another one?
Is it happening with any type of image?
Is it happening on any type of project?
If possible, send us a screenshot of what happens when clicking on the image.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer