New User Directory loses Admin Group

We recently updated our Active Directory server and plan on decommissioning the older server. When I switched the User directory in Jira(5.1.1) from the old one to the new, I am able to authenticate normally, but I no longer have admin privileges. Both configurations are the same except for the ldap url and the Windows team assures me the directory structure is the same. If I am still in the jira-administrators group, why do I no longer have Admin access?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Daryl Chuah Atlassian Team Nov 13, 2013

You might want to check on the position of the user directory in JIRA, this is because JIRA will always authenticate the top most order if there is 2 same username existed in both directory. Therefore, I suspect it could be due to the authentication take place on the new user directory which the admin user doesn't have the jira administration group privillege.

Turns out I have lost all groups. When I log in now I am only in the jira-users group. I thought groups were managed by Jiras Internal Directory. Why are they no longer applied?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 12 hours ago in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

39 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you