New User Directory loses Admin Group

Zach Newman November 13, 2013

We recently updated our Active Directory server and plan on decommissioning the older server. When I switched the User directory in Jira(5.1.1) from the old one to the new, I am able to authenticate normally, but I no longer have admin privileges. Both configurations are the same except for the ldap url and the Windows team assures me the directory structure is the same. If I am still in the jira-administrators group, why do I no longer have Admin access?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2013

You might want to check on the position of the user directory in JIRA, this is because JIRA will always authenticate the top most order if there is 2 same username existed in both directory. Therefore, I suspect it could be due to the authentication take place on the new user directory which the admin user doesn't have the jira administration group privillege.

Zach Newman November 13, 2013

Turns out I have lost all groups. When I log in now I am only in the jira-users group. I thought groups were managed by Jiras Internal Directory. Why are they no longer applied?

Suggest an answer