New Task easily identified & reported

Geordie Milne November 19, 2018

Hi All, 

in my project we have a lot of user stories that are being broken down into smaller more manageable components. what i am wanting to do is be able to find a way to identify the Original user stories against the new user stories which form a component of the original story. 

We have broken down the user stories to be as small as possible although as we all know once you start going with the story inevitable there is information uncovered during the build. 

Looking to  find an easy & report able approach to show how my original 350 user stories have morphed into 500. 

Thanks for your help

1 answer

1 vote
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2018

Hi @Geordie Milne

Have you thought about linking the issues using an issue link?

Refer https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/linking-issues-861257339.html 

Geordie Milne November 20, 2018

Hi @Fazila Ashraf

I know of the linking, i was looking for something more visual. I think i have a solution to my query.  

I am going to create a new Epic call new User Story and assign it to the new user stories. This allows me to have the visual display whilst being able to report on it. 

Thanks for your suggestion

Suggest an answer