New Project 'does not exist'

Maggie Kovalski April 23, 2014

A new project with a unique key was created yesterday. I can see the project on the list of projects in Jira but when I attempt to access it, I get an error message that says "The project or issue you are trying to view does not exist. Try browsing for projects. (I have clicked that link independently, though it is the same way I generally navigate to projects and that has not been successful either.) Any ideas on next steps? I cannot delete the project, as I get a message telling me the project does not exist. I've also tried to change the Project Key but that can't be changed for the same reason.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2014

Maggie,

Is it possible your user does not have access to view the newly created project? If this is not the case, please feel free to open a support ticket and we can look into it for you.

Shannon

0 votes
Maggie Kovalski April 29, 2014

The Support team had to delete the project - this was a database issue.

0 votes

Shannon, can you provide directions on opening a support ticket?

0 votes

I've found documents helping me with this. Thank you.

0 votes

Thanks for the response, Shannon. I am unable to access the project so that should not be the case. I will open a support ticket now.

Suggest an answer