New Project: The project or issue you are trying to view does not exist

Rich Scire February 22, 2016

Jira: 6.3.15

SR: 3.1.4

I just created a new project using the built-in script Copy Project. The copy completed with no errors but when I clicked on the link to the project I get error:

No project could be found with key 'WMB'.

The project is listed in the project list but I'm unable to access it. Any suggestions?

2 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2016

Can you check again if you have the 'Browse Permission' on the project?

I'm the JIRA admin, so I should have access to all projects. Of course, I can't check the permissions on the new project, but I am able to access the project from which it was copied.

BTW, I have your book 'JIRA Development Cookbook' and I've found it to be really valuable. Thanks.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2016

Glad you like the book smile

Regarding permissions, being a JIRA admin doesn't necessarily grant you permission to a project. It is defined by project permissions. Are you seeing the project under Administration? If so, check the project permissions and see if you have 'Browse' permission.

Rich Scire February 23, 2016

I can see the project if I select Gear->Projects. The problem is that I can't open the project to check the permissions.

Since I used the Script Runner built-in script to copy the project, it should have the same permissions as the one I copied it from. I do have access to the source project.

Mark McCormack _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2016

Hi Richard,

Permissions problems like the one you are seeing can be difficult to diagnose. 

This is because you have Global permissions, then Project level permissions (via a scheme) and on top of that you can have the same permission scheme as the source project but a permission based on a project role. Are you the JIRA admin for this instance?

Here's a link to the Atlassian JIRA 6.3 documentation on permissions, I hope it helps.

0 votes

P.S. The script has worked many time before without issue.

Suggest an answer