New Project Admin permissions allow for transitions to closed state without setting resolution?

Jill Patterson December 20, 2017

It appears that the new Project Admin permissions in 7.3+ allow the project admin to add transitions to and from the closed state but doesn't allow them to set the resolution (with a post function or transition screen) or clear the resolution (with a post function). This seems like a pretty big gap in functionality. Is there a way to force these post functions? Otherwise issue resolution won't be properly set and queries and filters will return incorrect results. Is there a way to avoid this?

1 answer

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2017

Did you try to add a "Resolution Screen" to the last transition and make Resolution field required?

As a full Admin I'm able to do this, but if I allow my project admins to add transitions freely (per the new permissions), I won't know when I need to correct what they've done. Know what I mean?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2017

Did you try to adjust the permissions so that they can do only what you want them to do?

This feature is enabled by default in 7.3 for Project Admins - it's the Extended project administration permission. I could disable it but I'd like for them to have this ability, I'd just like for them to have the ability to make the updates properly. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2017

It is stated in the following that they can not add conditions, postfunctions or validators, only you as a JIRA Admin can do it:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftware/jira-software-7-3-x-release-notes-861181590.html

I don't see another way for them to do it. Honestly it is better this way otherwise JIRA Administration will be unmanageable.

I definitely see that you are trying to give your Project Admins more flexibility so that the filters don't get broken, however it is not possible.

Suggest an answer