New Kanban Backlog option missing in new 7.4.2 version

Ben Radlinski September 8, 2017

I've followed the instructions in this post:  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/New-Kanban-Backlog-option-missing-in-new-7-4-2-version/qaq-p/628658 and have restarted the JIRA service. Users are still unable to see the Kanban backlog as an option. I've tried to create a new Kanban and there is no Kanban backlog column. I've attached screenshots of the dark.features settings. Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2017

That feature is enabled by default.  Since you've upgraded, there is another possiblity here that could prevent this feature from working.

Are you by chance using a MS SQL 2008 database for your JIRA instance?   If so, you won't see this feature when upgrading JIRA because SQL 2008 is not actually a Supported platforms - Atlassian Documentation for JIRA since the 7.2.x versions.   MS SQL 2012 and 2014 are supported and do not suffer this problem.  But specifically the upgrade task in JIRA that creates the database entries needed to use this feature is calling a specific SQL statement whose syntax is invalid for SQL 2008.  Hence the upgrade task itself will fail.  Your $JIRA_HOME/log/atlassian-jira.log file would show SQL exceptions during the upgrade/start up of JIRA if this were the case.

If you're not using that specific database type/version with JIRA, then I would still be interested to see if we can take a look at your logs to better understand what might be causing this.

Ben Radlinski September 13, 2017

I'm using a MySQL database. I will open a ticket and submit my logs.

Suggest an answer