New Kanban Backlog option missing in new 7.4.2 version

Chad Peters August 22, 2017

I have upgraded our dev instance to 7.4.2 (from 7.1.2) in hopes of playing with the kanban backlog feature. But when I follow the instructions for enabling the kanban backlog, I don't have the options described. Anyone have advice on how to enable?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver074/configuring-columns-889531279.html

3 answers

0 votes

For anyone else...

I heard back from Atlassian support on this. Apparently this has to be set using the darkfeature:

com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.kanplan.enabled 

I was mistakenly under the impressoin this functionality was just part of the normal upgrade. Once I set this value it seems to work as expected.  

Ben Radlinski September 7, 2017

Did you need to restart JIRA?

scherbank October 2, 2017

No. For that feature restart is not required.

Be aware that after you switch it on all users will see backlog with green dot in Kanban board. You can't enable it for one user.

0 votes

Thanks for the response. Yes, seems simple...but the kanban backlog column isn't showing for me. See screenshot attached. 

KanbanConfigure.png

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2017

As the steps describe -

To enable the Kanban backlog:
Navigate to the desired board, then click  Board >  Configure.
Click the Columns tab. The Column configuration page displays, with the Kanban Backlog as the leftmost column.
Screenshot: the 'Board configuration' screen— 'Columns' tab, columns section

In the columns section, drag a status to the Kanban Backlog column. Typically, this would be the column for which you plan work for your team.

Can you share the screenshot of your columns section?

Suggest an answer