New Jira (local) groups end up read-only

Luc Le Blanc December 1, 2014

On our production JIRA server (5.2), when I create a new group in Jira, it ends up being read-only by default and does not propagate itself into Crowd. This does not happen on our dev server, where the group is automatically write-enabled and pops up into Crowd immediatly. Where is that behavior set?

2 answers

0 votes
Luc Le Blanc December 3, 2014

I checked the said permissions and they're the same on both sides. Actually, I see 8 permission checkboxes in Crowd 2.6.0 instead of the 2 documented here, and no Read-only option.

Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2014

Hi Luc, The settings are available in JIRA, where you configure the Crowd directory. Regards, Geert

Luc Le Blanc December 8, 2014

Modifying the Crowd directory in Jira requires a "local user" (i.e. defined in the JIRA Internal Directory as opposed to Crowd) but while creating such a user works, its login always fails. Can Jira's login work without Crowd?

Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2014

It cannot if you enabled SSO. One option is to create a new directory with the same settings, move that one "up" and then disable/remove the old one.

0 votes
Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2014

Suggest an answer