It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

New Jira (local) groups end up read-only

Luc Le Blanc Dec 01, 2014

On our production JIRA server (5.2), when I create a new group in Jira, it ends up being read-only by default and does not propagate itself into Crowd. This does not happen on our dev server, where the group is automatically write-enabled and pops up into Crowd immediatly. Where is that behavior set?

2 answers

0 votes
Luc Le Blanc Dec 03, 2014

I checked the said permissions and they're the same on both sides. Actually, I see 8 permission checkboxes in Crowd 2.6.0 instead of the 2 documented here, and no Read-only option.

Geert Graat Dec 04, 2014

Hi Luc, The settings are available in JIRA, where you configure the Crowd directory. Regards, Geert

Luc Le Blanc Dec 08, 2014

Modifying the Crowd directory in Jira requires a "local user" (i.e. defined in the JIRA Internal Directory as opposed to Crowd) but while creating such a user works, its login always fails. Can Jira's login work without Crowd?

Geert Graat Dec 08, 2014

It cannot if you enabled SSO. One option is to create a new directory with the same settings, move that one "up" and then disable/remove the old one.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...

2,400 views 6 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you