New Jira board not showing what I expected in regards the backlog

Richard Quinlan December 8, 2021

I have just added a new board to my Jira project. I expected to see the same backlog and issues with the new board as the existing one. My plan was to set a filter to only see risk issues on the new board so we can track them separately to other issues. 

When i look in the new board I see all the issues for the project. The backlog is however empty but i expected this to show the same as the backlog with the existing board. I also can see no option to add existing issues to this backlog but just an option to create new ones.

Can someone please explain how I can configure so that the I show the same backlog in both boards (from which point i can then think about filters to differentiate)?

1 answer

0 votes
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

Hi, @Richard Quinlan 

Are both frames KANBAN or is one of them SCRUM? This helps us to better understand why Scrum type boards only take items to the BACKLOG column if we are talking about an active sprint, in Kanban this visualization occurs when the issue is created.

Let us understand the board formats better so we can help you better.

Suggest an answer