New Jira Popup View - Aug 2017 - How to Customize Fields?

Umer Saeed August 10, 2017

Hi

When clicking on an issue in the current sprint, it brings the new Jira popup modal window now, instead of the sidebar.

I have no problem with this, however, is there a way I can add fields to this popup? It is very limited in information.

Ideally, I want to be able to view and edit the story points of the ticket from this popup.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
kai
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2017

Hey @Umer Saeed – we've recently shipped the ability to view and edit story points from the new issue view on the board. Let me know if you're still having difficulty with this.

Unfortunately there is currently no way to customize the display of fields – but this is something that we're working on. If the new design currently doesn't meet your needs, you can go back to the old view by switching the feature off in your user profile.

If you have any feedback for the team you can click the "Give feedback" button in the top right. We read this daily and use this to inform what we build and improve next.

You can also read https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html to learn more about the new issue view and "Watch" the page to get notified of when we make improvements to the experience.

Hope this helps!

Umer Saeed November 24, 2017

Hi Kai

Thank you so much - this is just what I was hoping for - it works great! :)

1 vote
Ping-Yu Cheng December 20, 2017

Due date is missing!!

Besides, I use confluence w/ jira and mention in confluence is disappeared in new jira issue view.

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2017

Hi Umer,

I have not found a way to modify the Retrospective time pop-up and I did not see a Suggestion/Feature Request for that either.  At this time I would suggest going to JAC and creating a Suggestion ticket. 

Add your use case to the description and this will get the request in front of our developers.  Once you do that please post the link here so the community can vote on the issue and add impact.

Cheers,

Branden

Umer Saeed August 14, 2017

OK Thank you Branden.

0 votes
Sinan Erdem December 14, 2017

I have one small addition. If I have used special formatting (bullets etc) on a comment field, it is shown as is on the new modal, but with a warning: "This text has unsupported formatting"

Also, no custom markup can be used when entering a new comment including (x) (/) style.

Cheers

Suggest an answer