New Jira Experience - turn on global sidebar

Cali Andrade October 17, 2017

I elected to turn on the New Jira Experience.  However, I do not have the global sidebar that the documentation says should be there.  When I first navigate to our Jira instance, I have my dashboard, along with the option to Add a Gadget or Edit the Layout, along with some other options for the dashboard (share, delete, etc.).

I have hovered the mouse all over the screen and nothing pops out.  I thought I had this sidebar the other day, but there is nothing there now.

How do I get it back?  Btw, I am an administrator on our instance.  

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2017

Hi Cali,

Can you show us a screenshot of what you're currently seeing in your Jira instance after electing to enable the Global Sidebar?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Cali Andrade October 19, 2017

Well, that's what I'm asking, How do I enable the Global Sidebar?  When I turned on New Jira Experience, below is everything that I see.  (The 'undefined' is an old gadget that we don't subscribe to or pay for anymore.)  I don't even have the option to turn off New Jira Experience.  new_jira_experience_missing_global_sidebar.png

Suggest an answer