New Jira Experience - Remove Quick Filter Dropdown

Georg Schepers July 13, 2017

Our team is currently suffering from the automated switch to the "new Jira experience".

We made extensive use of board quick filters to help user to manage the avalange of tickets. 

Now, these quick filters are all collected in a dropdown. Before they were neatly aligned on the top of a board. 

How can I have them back in the aligned, un-grouped view? 

There was a tool help poping up when I first opened a baord in the new view, but it was so badly programmed, that it did not really help my beyond the point that I should go to board settings...

4 answers

8 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2019

Good news all -

The quick filters on boards in Jira Cloud are no longer behind a dropdown. This was primarily tracked in JSWCLOUD-16351 and has been live on all Cloud instances for about a month. Thanks for your patience while this was worked on and for all your feedback around the change.

Keep the feedback coming!

Thanks,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

donji August 22, 2019

@Daniel Eads It still is. If you have more than 4 filters, it puts it under a dropdown. 

There is nothing quick about these filters if they are hidden behind a dropdown

Like # people like this
4 votes
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2017

Georg - what type of board are you using? Just tried to reproduce this with a Kanban board in JIRA cloud and did not manage to. Have you had a look at the board configuration -> filters?

Cheers

Christoph

Hi Christoph, we are using both Kanban and Scrum Boards. 

The behaviour is for all the same.

There is no config option in the board settings. I would expect a switch under "Quick Filters", but nothing has chnaged there compared to the previous look&feel.

Below a screenshot how it looks now

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-13 um 17.27.54.png 

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2017

Hi Georg, 

Interesting, don't have this look and feel yet... You are using JIRA cloud? Have you had a look at the general board configuration? 

Cheers 

Christoph

mbss_rkumar July 13, 2017

I have the exact same issue. All my quick filters have disappeared from all my boards (scrum+kanban). How can i get them back?

Christoph, as I wrote: Jira Cloud - New Jira Experience.

No tickbox or switch is nowhere to be found in no option or setting screen. Even though the tooltip was advertising something like this. 

John Peberdy July 13, 2017

Same problem here.

Georg Schepers July 17, 2017

Support ticket is: JST-305097

John Peberdy July 17, 2017

I had created a ticket too but in my case they haven't acnkowledged its a bug - JST-305263. I've turned off the new experience for now but I would be dissapointed if the "quick filter" became "slow filter".

Like Ryan Shillington likes this
John Peberdy July 19, 2017

In my support ticket I found that apparently this tooltip was meant to show how to go back to the old look and feel rather than configure the quick filter to not be under the menu and it seems like such a configuration is not planned...

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2017

Hi all, it appears that this issue is brought on by a recent update to some JIRA Cloud instances.  

Introducing the new JIRA experience- explains what this change is. This document does have steps at the bottom that explain how to disable this new look as well.

But before you disable this new look.... this guide also has an open request to provide feedback on this new look.  I would recommend that you provide such feedback as requested in that view before you disable it, as I think this will help Atlassian to understand the problems and pain points that this kind of change can cause and in turn work to make this better.

Thanks

0 votes
Drew Winter July 13, 2017

Ours is one step further where we have lost our old filters and got the new assignee dropdown but the new drop down for filters doesn't exist.  This means we currently cannot filter any of our boards.

image.png

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2017

You know Atlassian is using JIRA cloud as some kind of testing environment sometimes - please raise an issue with the Atlassian support. 

Cheers 

Christoph 

Drew Winter July 13, 2017

Thanks Christoph.

Looking at the monthly subscription price, I am not ready to be a guinea pig :-(

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2017

Has anyone opened an Atlassian support ticket yet? Ranting around here won't help anyone - I am not able to reproduce the issue yet so I can't raise the request. I understand what you are saying Georg - you might want to try to give Atlassian this kind of feedback so that they can improve... 

Cheers 

Christoph 

Suggest an answer