New Jira Board shown at Summit

Wendy Thorneloe September 20, 2017

Hi

At Summit in San Jose Atlassian showed a board that you could create new columns and statuses directly on the board.

Does anyone know how to get that?

Is it coming soon or already out?

Thanks

Wendy

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2017

Please see here the latest documentation , covers the new "Agility" boards though still in Beta

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/creating-a-board-764477949.html?_ga=2.121453000.1710766292.1510563086-1364600886.1501674264

Martin Varga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2017

Yes, this is the new board. It should be available for everyone now. If you don't see it, please contact the support. The way to create the board is to create a new project a select the Agility template. It's still in BETA, so there are still some limitations. If you use it, please do not hesitate to send us feedback, we'd love to hear what you think!

Moataz Salama September 27, 2019

Do you have any idea, when the BETA version will be published officially?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2017

You've been able to do that for a very long time.  Jira Software provides scrum and kanban boards, and if your administrators set up "simplified workflow" for a board, then board admins can add and remove status (they've always been able to change columns)

Cloud Jira Core also has a business board which keeps a simple "column:status" relationship and allows you to add/remove columns.

Finally, Jira 7.3 added the ability for project administrators to edit workflows, as long as the workflow was for their project only.

I have Jira Cloud

I'm the admin

My project has a simplified workflow

I'm on the board

I can't add columns or create issues directly on the board

To add columns I have to go in the the board settings

to create issues I have to click create at the top of the screen

I'm I not understanding

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2017

Yes, that's right for Cloud, although there should be a create link if you're on Kanban.

Which presentation was it you saw?

It was shown in the opening and closing presentation I think.

They called it agility board or something like that

I will create a new Kanban project with a Kanban board to see.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2017

We didn't see much Jira in the keynotes.  There was a lot of Trello though, could that be it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2017

That's a Kanban board in Jira Cloud.

Wendy Thorneloe September 21, 2017

Yes it is but I can't do that on my Kanban board in my Jira cloud. So its not released yet I guess

Suggest an answer