New JIRA View Missing "Rank" Options

Rebecca Lewis January 18, 2019

Hello,

Sometimes I like to organize sub-tasks or tasks in an Epic or Story by ordering them a certain way. In the old JIRA view I had a "Rank to Top" or "Rank to Bottom" option, but I am not seeing this in the new JIRA view. Anyone have any input?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2019

Hello Rebecca,

Indeed, the actions of stories/sub-tasks in the parent view is not available in the new issue view yet, so I've reported a new feature request for this matter to track the implementation progress on that:

stories/sub-task actions are not displayed in the new issue view on a parent issue

Please, feel free to vote and watch this feature in order to increase its priority and also be notified about any updates.

Let me know if you still have any questions. 

Rebecca Lewis January 21, 2019

Thank you!

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2019

You are welcome, Rebecca.

Have a nice day!

Like Greg Myburgh likes this
Nate Wiegman March 1, 2019

We are also missing this must have feature. Thanks for moving it to the top of your backlog :)

David Bernstein September 3, 2020

Any update on the availability of this feature?    

Dave Brockman February 18, 2021

I would still like to see "Rank to Top" as an option in the new view when looking at a story or task.

Greg.Myburgh March 2, 2021

@Petter GonçalvesAny update on Rank to Top please? I use it all the time to help me manage my backlogs.

Thanks

Like # people like this
Alexandre April May 7, 2021

This is still not functional and tracked in this issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75253. Please consider having this feature in the new issue view.

Arthur Zonnenberg January 31, 2023

Unfortunately votes on JRACLOUD-75253 are ignored because Atlassian resolved the issue as duplicate (it is not).

I've create a new issue JSWCLOUD-24001 because I cannot create issues inside JRACLOUD.

Rank to top and Rank to bottom should be restored.

Users expect existing functionality to be migrated to the new issue view. Please do something, Atlassian team.

Suggest an answer