New Custom Fields in Existing Filters

Anthony Casson January 13, 2013

Hi,

I've added some new custom fields to Jira in order to report on "last resolved by" (from Jira Enhancer) and Participants (from Jira Toolkit). These fields appear in the search results when I add the appropriate column but I am unable to use them in a search filter until the issue has been updated.

Ex Query: participants in (membersOf(operations-team)) AND createdDate < endOfMonth(-1M) ORDER BY participants

This query will only show results for issues that have been updated after the custom field particiapnts was added

However this query: assignee in (membersOf(operations-team)) AND createdDate < endOfMonth(-1M) ORDER BY participants

Will show the participants in the participant column for all matching tickets.

Why can't we search on the new custom field prior to updates? is there a fix or workaround?

Thanks,

Tony

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2013
Have you tried re-indexing?
Anthony Casson January 14, 2013

That was the answer - we scheduled a maintenenance window for it and we are all good. Thanks!

Suggest an answer