Never ending trial - is this a feature or hack?

Mark Ander May 11, 2014

I found that I can use application/tools for free by canceling existing trial and requesting a new trial code/key each month, then I can enter this new code to extend/renew trial period. Is this a bug or a feature?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2014

I think it's left open for Atlassian to have the flexibility to let clients who are a bit slow continue evaluations before purchase (believe me, working at corporates, you find the machine takes months to process sometimes, especially when you've got the wonders of SAP in accounts, configured to do nothing of any use other than get in the way).

It is a bit of a loophole, but I understand Atlassian do monitor accounts that repeatedly use evaluation licences and eventually end them. I've been there once, where they said "we aren't going to give you any more evaluations" to one of my corporate clients.

0 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2014

Hi,

Evaluating thier product is acceptable, you can see thier link here . So this is not a hack, this is just a feature, where you are given a extended time to use thier product, so that you can evaluate how good is the product, if you like it you can buy it anytime.

Hope this helps!

codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2014

But there should be a limit how many times you can renew a license.

Suggest an answer