Never a proper release note

license management July 21, 2017

Hi,

Since the dawn of time, when upgrading UPM, the installer starts but never finishes. On confluence, shutting down Confluence, and restarting it in most cases unfreezes UPM, once more allowing people to apply licenses, search for plugins and install/remove stuff. Since most companies with more than 1 employee depends on Confluence/Jira/Bitbucket is always running, can update a expiring license-key, or disable a plugin that might not work this becomes a problem.

My main issue is that UPM almost never gives any detailed information on what bugs are fixed, but generally just describes the new version with:

"Bug fixes" or "Bug fixes and improvements". In very few cases we might get some low level information like "Fixes critical bug involving OBR plugin installations" but this once more does not tell me:

* Exactly what bugs are fixed, and further more is it worth hanging UPM for 2 days?

Questions:

Why can't Atlassian spend 5 minutes linking to the issues they are fixing in what they playfully calls "Release notes", so we users know if we are about to fix something critical?

When will this plugin finally work to update without having to restart/lose functionality until restart is made?

I would appriciate if Atlassian them selves could reply, especially if they are part of the development of this plugin.

Kind regards

Jonas

0 answers

Suggest an answer