Network tab - Content under user -> network tab shows the html tags

Anitha Parvatham January 8, 2013

After confluence upgrade 4.3.2 Network tab under user displays improperly formatted links i.e. html text is shown.

It looks good If I disable security configuration -> XSS Protection for Plugins -> anti xss mode for plugins.

Looks like it is a bug in confluence 4.3.2

Can someone look into this issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2013

Hi Anitha,

This behavior is by design for some HTML. If it is inserted as content in Confluence pages, HTML will appropriately, but any properties or formatting outside of page content will not render the HTML because of potential XSS vulnerabilities (which is why this will work when you turn off the security feature).

Thanks,

-dave

Anitha Parvatham January 9, 2013

Hi Dave,

Can you suggest how I can fix this. Please find the screenshot.

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2013

It looks like you've made customizations to the HTML or added a plugin that is no longer supported - is this an ondemand instance?

Anitha Parvatham January 9, 2013

This is not on demand instance. As far as I know we didn't made any customizations to the HTML and it uses Profile Macros Plugin 1.0 which has 5 modules including network module which displays summary of user's profile in confluence page

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

Then please update with the approprate labels.

Suggest an answer