Netbeans 8 supported?

ABRAMS Connect July 21, 2014

Is netbeans still supported? We did not manage to get the JIRA plugin to work.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ABRAMS Connect July 23, 2014

Actually it is still supported and works very well, but the current version is kind of buggy. If you type in the credentials and click on test connection you will not see a timeout if something goes wrong.

After installing the daily build of netbeans everything worked fine and I figured out that I forgot to enable external api calls ;)

1 vote
John Stacy February 18, 2015

Pietro,

Our JIRA instance uses an external Microsoft Active Directory service to authenticate users.  When I try to create a new "Task Repository" in NetBeans, I get the error "Client response status: 403.  Captcha might be required.  Please try to log in via browser."  In JIRA, we have the captcha turned off and logging in through the browser works just fine.  Have you tried the JIRA NetBeans plugin with AD?

JIRA v6.2.2

NetBeans v8.0.1 on Windows 7

JIRA plugin on NetBeans v1.52.1

Thanks,
John

1 vote
pschaff01
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2014

Hi Jan,

The plugin still works, but uses deprecated SoapUI libraries, which will be removed in JIRA 7.

Please be sure to not have any other SoapUI plugin installed in Netbeans as it broke the JIRA plugin for other users.

Try deactivating other plugins until and narrow down the culprit.

You may also be facing the following netbeans bug: https://netbeans.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=236829

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Pietro

ABRAMS Connect July 22, 2014

Hi Pietro,

Thanks for your reply. Actually the situation is a bit wierd. After trying to connect the plugin with JIRA, which didn't work for the reason above I guess, I tried to remove it from netbeans and to add it again.

But now the plugin can't even be activated. It just says: "Activation failed: Not all requested modules can be enabled: [StandardModule:org.netbeans.modules.jira jarFile: C:\Users\johndoe\AppData\Roaming\NetBeans\8.0\modules\org-netbeans-modules-jira.jar]"

I guess a fresh install would help, but since it is a terminal server session...

For the SoapUI problem, do you know common plugins which uses the library? Can't figure out which these are.

greetings

Jan

0 votes
Navneet Garg August 27, 2014

Try to add jira plugin in my NB 8 giving follwoing message

Some plugins require plugin Editor Library to be installed.
The plugin Editor Library is requested in version >= 2.1 (release version 2) but only 3.48.1.22.43 (of release version different from 2) was found. The following plugins are affected: Hudson Kenai Integration JIRA

Suggest an answer