Nested Groups with MS-AD don't seem to be working

John Woolley September 26, 2013

Hopefully a simple question. I have an AD with a group call "Eng NPD Jira Users". Within that group I have another group (nested) called "QA". I also have some individual names in the ""Eng NPD Jira Users". I also have nested groups enabled in the config.

If I log in as one of the individual names everything works fine. The problem is if I try to login as someone who is in the nested group. That doesn't seem to be working at all.

Is there something obvious that I'm missing?

Thanks

John

2 answers

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2016

Hi John, not sure if this helps, but i ran into a similar brickwall. Make sure that the groups that constitute the nested groups fall within the LDAP filtering too.

0 votes
PedroA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2013

Hey John, how you doing? :)

Is there any indication in the logs as to why this is happening? If you are not missing the proper permissions to login (be part of the JIRA users role), you should be able to login with nested-groups users. Additionally to that, I only have the following page if you want to double-check the settings ;)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Nested+Groups

Take care!

Cheers,
Pedro

Suggest an answer