Neither "Versions" nor "Releases" items show on "Project settings" sidebar.

eirens December 9, 2021

I use Jira Software Cloud.

I no longer have a "Releases" item on the sidebar of my main project's "Project settings" page. Here is that page (with our subdomain redacted):

https://our_subdomain.atlassian.net/secure/project/EditProject!default.jspa?pid=10013

Project type = Software

Project is "company-managed".

Any idea why "Releases" isn't on my sidebar?

I want to edit some versions.

If you don't know why the "Releases" sidebar item is missing, could you give me a relative URL so I could jump to the Releases page?

Here's my sidebar:

W10 -- 2021-12-09, 16_21_40 -- Details - Jira — Mozilla Firefox.png

I'm a "Site administrator" and an "Org Admin". I set up our Jira Software Cloud account. Do I need a higher privilege level? How would I get that? Here's my user/account details page:

W10 -- 2021-12-09, 16_45_42 -- Administration — Mozilla Firefox.png

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2021

Hi @eirens 

From that left pane, when you navigate to Features and scroll down to Releases, is the option enabled or disabled?

Kind regards,
Bill

eirens December 9, 2021

It is enabled, @Bill Sheboy. Pic:

W10 -- 2021-12-09, 16_47_43 -- LinkFixer Advanced - Features - Jira — Mozilla Firefox.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2021

Odd...I just tried toggling the new experience for the left-panel (under profile) and didn't see this symptom either so it does not appear to be the UX switch.

Here is a relative link for the releases page for Jira Cloud, in which you can replace your company URL and project name to try:

https://myCompanyJiraUrl/projects/myProjectName?selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:release-page

Something else may be amiss as you appear to have at least project admin permissions based upon that view.  If you are on a paid Jira license, I recommend working with your site admin to submit a ticket to support here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2021

Wait a second: in your image you are in the settings view on the left panel.  Please select Back to Project to see how that helps.

eirens December 9, 2021

Thank you, @Bill Sheboy

You fixed it.

Leaving project settings by pressing "Back to project" brought me to a page (incidentally a Kanban board) where Releases does show in the sidebar! Thank you.

I thought I had to be in "Project settings" to manage releases and versions.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer