Needs some opsbar-sequence property key examples

Kathy Tempesta April 9, 2013

I've read all the docs I can find about setting the order of the available workflow options and I understand everything up to the point of actually setting the valueds for the opsbar-sequence property key. I have 4 available transitions from a workflow step and I want to put them in a specific order. How do I figure out the values to use to get them that way?

Thanks,

Kathy

JIRA 4.3.4

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2013

I'm not sure there is an example here. You set the properties. Jira reads the numbers and shows the transitions in the order low to high.

I usually use them in 10s, so there's space for inserts later, and I usually consider the workflow as a whole, so transitions later in the flow, like "close" will end up with higher numbers.

e.g. Open -> in progress 20, in-progress -> on-hold 30, Resolve 40, close 60

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013

that's how we set it up too. works as expected

Kathy Tempesta April 9, 2013

oh! lightbulb moment! I'm setting the opsbar-sequence property on the individual transitions. I thought I was setting it on the whole step. Thanks for clarifying that.

0 votes
Chaithra N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013

We had done it by editing the workflow xml.

Example:

Each transition will start with <action id="xx" name = "yyyy"> & end with </action>, so we took each block & ordered in the way as required. Once done import the Worklow by XML.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2013

Ooh, no, that's painful to do and won't work if you've got shared transtions. It is the only method that works on older Jira versions though

Like Colin_McDermott likes this

Suggest an answer