Need to view Issues with latest update / status comment

reba.brindley September 18, 2012

Issue Navigator is *almost* perfect - it shows a summary of all project issues that I can export to Excel, and use to review in a meeting.

I need one field that gives the latest update though, that shows the latest status for that issue, so we can see where it is...

Is that the Work Log or the Comments? I'm not sure, but I can't seem to add that as a Column; neither one is available for adding.

Or do I need to write a report? Most of the canned reports have to do with Time Tracking, I need a summary of Open Issues, who owns them, their latest update, Due date, priority, etc.

So which report to modify or how to get that working would be great.

Thanks! RB

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2012

If you are using OnDemand, you're stuck. You can't install plugins, so my suggestion isn't going to work for you.

There was a "last comment" field, provided by a plugin, which in Jira 3 and 4, showed, well, the last comment. With who and when, in the issue navigator. It's not been updated to 5.

I think I saw another couple of plugins which provide it, as part of a bundle of other things, and I've written something similar without much pain, so I know it's not hard if the existing plugins won't do it.

reba.brindley September 19, 2012

Thanks for the quick answer Nic. So you're saying I'm basically stuck if I use the On-Demand version, no workaround or way to pull that "last comment" or "last work log" entry out of there and display it?

Or can I use those plug-ins with On Demand?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2012

I don't think any of the plugins you can enable/use in OnDemand have a field that will do it. And, no, you can't install any others.

Suggest an answer