Need to sync RedMine with Jira

Hi!

We have an internal Jira System and need to sync/communicate with an external RedMine system.

No direct connection is available. We could (right now) only communicate using e-mails that are processes automatically on both sides.

Any ideas on how to set up an automated solution?

Example:

Issue created in Jira --> E-mail, to RedMine System --> auto import

Redmine status change --> E-mail to Jira System --> auto import

Thanks André

1 answer

0 votes

I don't know Redmine, but Jira both sends emails out on events, and can accept incoming emails which it converts to comments on issues or new issues (comment if it finds a Jira issue id in the subject)

So, yes, you can do a form of sync with Redmine, if that handles sending emails and updating issues in a similar way.

I would say that Jira's incoming email handlers are not particularly clever, they won't look for fields or do intelligent routing beyond the rule I gave above. You can of course, write your own, but as ever, I would point at Andy Brook's JEMH, as that can do really clever things with incoming email

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Pedro Felgueiras
Asked 35m ago in Jira

Clone a Zephyr issue

When I try to clone a Zephyr issue only a popup showing the issue id and nothing more shows.  On the browser console I see:  RTE not registered Error: No jira/editor/registry at c...

9 views 0 0
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot