Need to set a custom error message when Inactive users tries to login JIRA.

rTrack Support June 16, 2016

Hi All,

I have made an user inactive and when he tries to login JIRA it throws the error message as below,

Error : "Sorry, your username and password are incorrect - please try again."

My requirement is that I need to display some other error message like "Your AMC has expired."

Is it possible? if yes, Please guide me how to do this..

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2016

I agree with Nic, especially about getting the correct info. You'd need to look at the code that actually does the credential validation and see what it does. I suspect you'd need to do some major recoding in several modules to get what you want. A simpler option would be to modify the message and add something like 'if you think you received this message in error please contact the JIRA administrator at...'

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2016

You'll need to edit the core code that provides this message - it's pretty much hard-coded.  Also, I'm not sure that the page actually gets the "why you can't log in" information in that detail - it might not be told whether the user has been disabled, been locked out, doesn't exist etc

Suggest an answer