Need to replace the JIRA link to help page

Carleen Dickerson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

Hello! I develop with JIRA 4.1.2 on a closed network. Right now, on the Advanced Search page, there's a link titled Query Syntax that goes to a help page. We don't have access to that page on our network. How can I replace that link with one that I want??

My only thought was to replace the whole page and substitute our link in it, but that seems like overkill...

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2013
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2013
  1. (Optional) If you want JIRA's help links ( ) to point to your local documentation, you will need to:
    1. edit JIRA's /WEB-INF/classes/help-paths.properties file and change the url-prefixline so that it points to the 'JIRA' space in your local Confluence site, e.g.:
      url-prefix=http://confluence.mycompany.com/display/JIRA/
    2. restart JIRA.
Carleen Dickerson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013
This is what I was hoping for! Thanks much!!
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
March 14, 2013

You are welcome! ;)

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2013

You could use a proxy to redirect to another site.

You can use your hosts file (it's a system file in windows) to make an entry which redirect to another site.

I hope this will help you!

Suggest an answer