Need to query for Kanban board

Amit Arora November 22, 2017

Hi Support,

I want to implement the kanban board in the JIRA.  I have created board but i have following query 

We have  one user story , In user story contain multiple development task and Qa Task.  I have created the workflow 

Backlog -> Analysis -> Ready for Dev -> Development -> in Build -> In QA ->in UAT -> Prod.

I am using the Pull method in the kanban Board. But the problem if i create new dev task / qa task for particular user story it should listed in the Backlog. How i can differentiate the User story and Dev task and qa task in the Board. Should I will create a new board for User story or Dev task ?? 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2017

I am sorry, but the last section of your question does not make sense.

>I am using the Pull method in the kanban Board.

"pull method" is not a phrase I can work out as relating to a board.

>But the problem if i create new dev task / qa task for particular user story it should listed in the Backlog.

Are your dev/qa tasks sub-tasks of this story?  What does "for" mean in this context?

>How i can differentiate the User story and Dev task and qa task in the Board.

I would use icons and descriptions to show the differences

>Should I will create a new board for User story or Dev task ?? 

This does make sense, but I think the answer depends on explaining the bits I don't understand.

Suggest an answer