Need to pull consolidated details of a single Jira issue in excel or word or pdf

Jenin CM October 2, 2013

Hi All,

I need to pull details of a single issue in an excel or spreadsheet. Here is the problem, this issue has a list of epic links and linked issues. I need the details of all epic links, linked issues and other custom fields in the same report.

The problem is to get "Issues in Epic" details as well in the report:

6 answers

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2013

Implement this report with the PDF View Plugin fairly easily.

The PDF output is generated from fully programmable and customizable templates, which support traversing links and getting field values from the linked issues easily.

Hints:

1. The default template already generates a list of linked issues, which could be a trivially good starting point for your work.
  2. Another example to check is the traceability matrix export, which detects dependencies between issues by checking if there is a link of a certain type between them.
0 votes
mwarton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2013

Hi Jenin,

Take a look at our plugin Intelligent Reports. It allows you to create a template in Word and then set up some point and click rules as to how you want the template filled in.

For this particular report, you can easily use the JQL query and any custom fields from other issues that you want.

0 votes
MichałS
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2013

You can get the issues of an Epic with this JQL:

"Epic Link" = "RTT-1"

You can do also the same over the REST API to get the issues

Jenin CM October 3, 2013

Thats something I am already aware of but my requirement is to get all the details of RTT-1 in a single report.

i.e Along with issues in epic we need to have all other details as well for RTT-1, like linked issues, fields etc.

If I export the issue RTT-1 to word I don't have "Issues in Epic" field in that.

0 votes
Jenin CM October 2, 2013

Hi Michal,

Yes, Epic Links. Let me give you an example, lets say RTT-1 is an Epic and various issues in other projects for eg PUAT-1, PUAT-2, CC-1, CC-2 have RTT-1 as Epic links.

I need to pull a report for RTT-1, where I will have list of "Epic in Issues" along with other fields for this issue i.e RTT-1 in a single report.

My Jira Version is: 5.2.11

Jira Agile Version is: 6.3.2.1

Regards,

Jenin

0 votes
MichałS
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2013

Do you mean by "Epic Link" the "Epic Link" from Jira Agile? Which version of JIRA are you using?

0 votes
Jenin CM October 2, 2013

Suggest an answer