Need to migrate from JIRA 6.3.7 to JIRA Service Desk 3.2.4

rmorstein November 14, 2016

How to do this in an effective way. I want to keep my old issues for historical reference. Willing to setup new service desk and then import issues approx 25,000 issues.

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2016

rmorstein,

you mentioned in the original question that you were willing to create a new JSD. If it is possible/acceptable then you could do so adding the application to your current JSW instance. If that is not possible then your best bet is to export the issues from JSW and import into your JSD instance. A bit tedious but certainly doable.

Something to ponder/try if the export/import from JSW to JSD is challenging. Assuming you want to continue w/ separate JSD instance from your current JSW. I wonder if it might work out better to:

1. install a trial version of JSD into your JSW instance
  2. move the project from JSW to trial JSD 
  3. clean anything up following the move (if necessary)
  4. export the issues in the trial JSD
  5. import the issues into the production JSD

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2016

you should be able to simply add the JSD application and then move the project to JSD.

in your JSW project go to project settings>details and change the Project type. I haven't done this but...according to the documentation it should work. smile

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFEVAL/Moving+JIRA+Software+project+to+Service+Desk

rmorstein November 15, 2016

Jack, It looks like this would work if Service Desk was an addin for JIRA. My situation is different. I am running both as independent applications. The option to change the project type is not present.

Suggest an answer