Need to migrate JIRA Dashboards; what are our options?

Ashton Treadway July 9, 2013

I know it's not possible to natively export dashboards.

However, we're merging two instances, and we're desperate to avoid manually recreating 123 shared dashboards.

So, can we work around this, or somehow hack things to get the Dashboard information out of one instance and into another? For example, by dumping the system, carving out the relevant XML, and restoring it? Can we somehow ninja the information using Script Runner?

Any and all answers or thoughts welcome.

2 answers

4 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2013

I have migrated before using SQL scripts direct. Copying from 1 SQL Server to another. What DB are you using? You'll find you'll also need to migrate filters as many of the dashboard widgets depend on them

The tables are

searchrequest

PortalPage

PortletConfiguration

GadgetUserPreference

FavouriteAssociations

FilterSubscriptions

SharePermissions

Anirudh Koutha October 7, 2014

Hi Colin,

I have successfully migrated the filters in DB, But I observe a wierd behaviour with dashboards that are migrated. They keep refreshing. Have you seen the similar behaviour?

Regards

Anirudh

Anirudh Koutha October 8, 2014

OK, I managed to figure that out. The behavior is observed if we use TRUE/FALSE flags for USERPREFKEY colum in Gadgetuserpreference table. I have inserted the records with upper case causing this. I changed the values to lower case and the dashboards are working fine.

BG March 11, 2016

We have exactly the same need. Would you be able/agree to share the script ?

Anirudh Koutha March 11, 2016

Hi Benoit,

Which Database have you got?

I used a dirty way to migrate my who data, used Excel to increment the PKeys and generated the scripts based on that.

Regards

Anirudh

0 votes
Kav
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2016

Please vote on this feature request   https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-41104

Suggest an answer