Need to lock down security

Derrick Martin April 26, 2013

A few things:

• How can I lock down my On-Demand instance so that you MUST log in to be able to have access to view projects/tickets? Currently anyone can view tickets with a link.
  • How can I create specific user-permissions, so that access to tickets are on a ticket by ticket basis, not project? Currently we run entire campaigns all in one project, with individual task tickets per actual project.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2013

How can I lock down my On-Demand instance so that you MUST log in to be able to have access to view projects/tickets? Currently anyone can view tickets with a link.

Change your permission scheme for the project to require jira-users (or some other group) to have the Browse project.

How can I create specific user-permissions, so that access to tickets are on a ticket by ticket basis, not project? Currently we run entire campaigns all in one project, with individual task tickets per actual project.

Not sure what you're after - but you could make jira-users only have Create Issue privs and then give the Reporter the Browe project permission. That should make people only see the issues they have reported.

More info about permissions schemes are available at: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2013

To expaned slightly on that - if people can do stuff without logging into your Jira, you have used the "group = anyone" to allow them (yes, even just "browse issue"), and you need to remove that to get started.

Suggest an answer