Need to know what Ports are used for Jira, Stash, Bamboo, Confluence, Fisheye/Crucible

Deleted user December 29, 2014

I am building new servers for our Atlassian tool's but need to know what Ports are used for the servers. We need to specifically open ports used by the applications.  I need this information for the following servers.  I have added the ports that I know of already but want to make sure I am not missing any.

Stash (5432, 7990,22)

Fisheye/Crucibile (5432,22, 8060)

Bamboo (5432,22, 8085)

Confluence (5432,22,8282)

JIRA (5432,22,8443)

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2014

Well, the easy answer is actually "whatever port you want to run them on".  

Plus, the ports you have there are mostly wrong anyway.  None of them run on port 22 - that is for SSH usually, but the applications themselves do not use them.  I'm guessing your database connections are running on port 5432, but again, that's not the applications, it's the database, and the information for "open port 5432" should be linked to the database services, not the Atlassian applications

Some of the other ports you mention look like the defaults, but you've got a mix of the defaults for standard connections, SSL secured connections, control connections and a couple of random numbers I don't recognise.

Even if you do want the mix of ssl and un-secured connections, it's still something that is entirely up to you to define, not us to guess at.  

In short, you'll need to consult the config file for each application to get the actual ports in use on your site!  Or, you could tell the chaps installing them to use a fixed range because that's what you want to impose on them!

I just added all the port's i know of on our configured server.  22 is ssh I need that so I can log into the server the 5432 is our Postgres DB port.  The others are from our config files and how we log into the servers. 

I was really wanting to know if besides the configured ports are there ports bound to the process that are not in the config's?  Meaning are their ports that are used to communicate to other servers like AD, email,  or other processes.

With the new server set ups we are only opening the ports that are required for the server and application to run and be supported properly. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2014

Well, again, that's up to your setups. What ports are you running AD, email or the other systems you connect to on?

0 votes
TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2014

In addition to what @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] said, you may also want to look at the SSH port that Stash is serving Git requests on.

That is a good call. We are just using standard ssh for our git pulls.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events