Need to have more details on Atlassian Account Upgrade Edited

Hi,

As mentioned in below blog of Atlassian Account Upgrade, there will be change in REST API.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/the-upgrade-to-atlassian-account-873871204.html

I would like to know that before you roll out this REST API change in market (as mentioned in blog), how we can test REST API change ? Also, i would like to have an updated contract of REST API to call.

1 answer

0 votes
Ann Worley Atlassian Team May 08, 2017

It looks like the only way the REST API is being changed is that the email address has to be used for authentication. We don't have a test instance for you to test it, but it should be fairly straightforward.

REST APIs

"Before your users' accounts upgrade to Atlassian account, REST APIs that accept user credentials expect a username and password. After the upgrade, REST APIs that accept Atlassian account user credentials expect a verified email address instead of a username."

I am not sure what a contract of REST API to call is but I am hoping you are looking for this:

JIRA Cloud REST API Reference

Thank you very much

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,063 views 13 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot