Need to get a free trial of Portfolio for Jira Cloud

Nhajebi December 28, 2017

We have a Jira server and planning to purchase Jira Cloud. I'm the Agile Coach for our team and would like to evaluate Portfolio for Jira Cloud. 

When I tried to get a free trial, I got an error "You must signup for OnDemand before you can try an OnDemand Marketplace add-on. If you already have an OnDemand account please check that it is linked to you current user name.

Is the Portfolio for Jira Cloud same as Portfolio for Jira Server? Maybe I can try a trial version of Portfolio for Jira Server.

Appreciate your response.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2017

Yes and no.  This could be an essay question, but it really is not worth writing it.

Server and Cloud are separate products.  The infrastructure, licensing and (now) code for them are different products.  On the surface, Jira and some of its applications and add-ons are cross-product, but in reality, sadly, Atlassian have decided to diverge the products.  Portfolio for Cloud is not the same as the Server version, because they run on stupidly differing platforms.

To evaluate Portfolio for Jira Cloud, sign up for a Jira Cloud trial, or go to your existing Jira Cloud system, and go to "add-ons", find Portfolio and add it.

Suggest an answer