Need to generate report contains all the field values , change history and all the comments automatically after closing the issue

Sys Admin February 16, 2014

We need to generate report contains all the field values , change history and all the comments automatically after closing the issue. Could you please inform us how can we generate this report automatically ?

2 answers

0 votes

OK Nic ... I understand ..... If you found any code for this purpose please inform me ...

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2014

There's an obvious answer here - look at the issue you've just closed. The issue view contains all of that.

The question here is really what do you mean by "generate report"? What are you expecting to get out of Jira? (Yes, "all the data for the issue", but where? How?)

After click "Close" issue button a report ( contains all the field values , change history and all the comments ) need to be automatically generated and exported to local machine or emailed to particular mailgroup. Report can be Excel or Pdf format.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2014

Ok, that's a perfect response to my question :-)

This is going to need some coding. My instinct would be to do it via email and put the code in a "post function" add-on which you can simply add to the "close" transition. I guess you could fire some form of "export to local machine", but you're then talking about users understanding the popups you'd get and remembering to save it all.

You'll have a bit of work to do on PDF or Excel I'm afraid.

Could you please suggest the code which we need to write regarding this purpose and how can we put the code into "close" transition's post function? I am not comfortable in coding. Could you please help me?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2014

There's a lot of coding to be done here, I think you need to find a developer.

Before you do, I'd also rummage through the marketplace for plugins that might help you. I've not spotted one, although I'd take a look at JETI and possibly the script-runner

The bit around "write a post-function which sends email" isn't that hard (start at https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Creating+Workflow+ExtensionsOR use the script runner plugin), but getting "all the jira data and formatting it into a file to send as an email" could be quite complex, and probably needs someone who knows a bit about converting dynamic and fluid data into excel/pdf.

Could you please introduce us with a developer as we have no such developer who can develop Jira based code

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2014

I'd start at https://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts

(Usual disclaimer, I work for one of these people, so I'm not going to get into recommendations etc)

Suggest an answer