Need to fire event based on value change of custom field

Rizwan Rizvi December 16, 2013

Basically what I need is below

I have a custom field 'Special' with values None, A and B as drop-down option. By default the option is set as NONE. A user could change option A or B. When someone choses a value to A or B, an email needs to be send out accoridngly to a fixed email chain.

Need to send out Issue ID and Summary for the issue in the email as well as the current user who set it.

How can I accomplish this?

I tired behaviour plugin as described in this post and also used Mizan's option but think I am don't have the requisite background to code this. Apreciate any help

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/67193/send-e-mail-notification-after-editing-a-specific-custom-field-in-issue-edit-screen

import com.onresolve.jira.groovy.user.FieldBehaviours
import com.onresolve.jira.groovy.user.FormField
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
import com.atlassian.mail.Email
import com.atlassian.mail.server.MailServerManager
import com.atlassian.mail.server.SMTPMailServer
import org.apache.log4j.Category

FormField Special= getFieldById('11240')
ComponentManager componentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance()
MailServerManager mailServerManager = componentManager.getMailServerManager()
SMTPMailServer mailServer = mailServerManager.getDefaultSMTPMailServer()

if (mailServer) {

Email email = new Email("someuser@example.com") // Set the TO address, optionally CC and BCC
        email.setSubject("Blocking issue raised by ${issue.getReporter().getFullName()}: ${issue.summary}") // todo: check the subject value
        String content = "Construct your body here.";  //TODO: Set email's body.
        email.setBody(content)
        mailServer.send(email)

}
else {
    log.error("No SMTP mail server defined")
}

1 answer

1 vote
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2013

Hi Rizwan ,

Use the exact script provided by me .. use fieldChanged instead of your customfield id .

Also the script is for an older version of Jira , there are some api changes which you will need to update . eg: ComponentManager -> ComponentAccessor .

IF you use the above script then it will send an email whenever the user changes the value of the field before submiting it . I think you should use a post function , may be you can use send custom email post function by script runner plugin

Suggest an answer