Need to find specific comment then who wrote it

Bud Herz March 17, 2021

My QA has a specific comment made when taking a task and when completing a task. 

How can I search for the comment then show who wrote/left the comment? 

I need to measure work completed per person, per day and per week, but current workflow has a task assigned only during the work. So searching by assignee would reveal only work assigned, not total work for a day, week, etc. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kit Friend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2021

You could explore the User Workload Report (see https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/generate-a-report/) but it probably won't help here. As far as I'm aware you'll need to look at something like Tempo to facilitate this if it's important. 

Bud Herz March 17, 2021

Thanks Kit!

It appears to be a moot point even if I could. Our system relies on word stemming elsewhere which makes searching for a specific phrase pretty much impossible as far as I know right now. 

I'm exploring how to grab who moved a task to In Progress and/or who moved it out to Done

That would give me an acceptable identifier of the resource plus time taken to do the task and the number of tasks completed.  

No clear idea how to do that yet, but I'm learning. I'll open a new question for that. 

Kit Friend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2021

Best of luck @Bud Herz  - the traditional response here is to query "What are you trying to measure / what's the value?" also in case that's relevant :-) 

Time spent in Jira/logging is always a pretty blunt measure - it's worth considering whether you can measure overall flow and/or use tools like Plandek and Screenful to give you metrics holistically rather than rely on specific interactions.

Bud Herz March 18, 2021

Yes I was rethinking this question when I wrote the second question here. I think I was better aligned with  "What are you trying to measure / what's the value?" on my second attempt. 

Thank you again.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events